Gustavo (Gus) Quesada, PE
Gustavo (Gus) Quesada, P.E. – Graduate of the University of Florida (UF), College of Civil Engineering. During his undergraduate years at UF he participated in ASCE, Benton Engineering Council, and the Florida Engineering Society (FES) where he reached the position of Chapter President; he was awarded the FES Student Chapter Award, FES Student Service Award, and was inducted to the UF Engineering Leadership Circle. Mr. Quesada’s has been involved with the Miami Chapter of the Florida Engineering Society for over 20 years and was presented the Chapter’s Engineer of the Year award in January 2007 and February 2020. He has held several cabinet positions including Chapter President (2014/15) where he led the group to the ACE Award for Chapter Excellence. Currently, he is serving in several FES Miami Chapter and ACEC-FL Committees where he actively participates on professional, technical, and legislative issues involving the transportation and infrastructure industry. Mr. Quesada is a committed member of the organization and actively supports student professional development activities from K-12 through university levels. He began his professional career on October 1989 in the PE Training Program for the Sixths District of the Florida Department of Transportation and continued in the private consulting sector. Mr. Quesada is a licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Florida, Texas, Georgia, Puerto Rico, and is an equity partner with BCC Engineering, Inc.
Participation in professional organizations and industry groups:
- FES – Ethical Practice Committee 2016 – present.
- FES – Professional Concerns Committee 2016 – present.
- FES – Florida Engineers in Construction (FECON) 2014 – present.
- FES – Professional Development Committee 2014 – present.
- FES – Student Professional Development Committee 2004 – present.
- FES – Awards Committee 2015 – 2019
- FES – Centennial Committee 2015/17
- FES – Director 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21
- FES – Miami Chapter President 2014/15 –ACE Award for Chapter Excellence
- ACEC – FDOT District VI Liaison Committee, 2018 – present.
- ACEC – Miami-Dade Expressway Authority – Liaison Committee, 2016 – present.
- ACEC – Transportation Leadership Group (FDOT Relations Comm.) 2017 – present.
- FDOT/FTBA/Henry Fuller Task Team – Consultant Representative 2016 – Present
- ACEC – FDOT Specifications Review Comm. 2013 – present.
- ACEC – Transportation Committee Member 2002 – present.
- ACEC – CE&I Committee (Chair 2013 to 2017), Member 2002 – present
- ACEC – FDOT Liaison Comm. 2013 – 2021.
- ACEC – Regional Director for Region 7 – Florida’s Gold Coast, 2018 – 2019.
- ACEC – Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise – Liaison Committee, 2014 – 2017.